There are lots of strange types of sports but some funny sports have an interesting history. The strangest sports with interesting history is unicycle. It is not only sports for fun coming from the USA but a sport that has a hundreed year history. First it was presented on the circus arena. Today it is a sport, popular among young people around the world. The game of hockey is one of the most sophisticated applications of this bike. Now unicycle-hockey is most popular in Germany and the UK.
As for the sport rules teh competition is certainly carried out on the court with hard plastic cover and not on the ice arena. The main similarity with the usual hockey are gates and putter. Dozen people, masterly driving teh unicycles manage to maneuver on the field and score goals, while not interfering with each other. Ice hockey players have something to learn: a ban on fighting with unicycles are strictly enforced.
Unicon XIV taken place in July 26, 2008 in Koppengagene (Denmark) was the first competition of unicycles created on the basis of the fourteenth World Cup on one of the most unusual and spectacular sports - riding a unicycle. The program of events took place 10 days following disciplines:
- "The standard skills" - within 3 minutes of on-site measuring 11x14 meters party must demonstrate the performance up to 18 "chips", the jury selected from a catalog describes hundreds of tricks.
- buildings "without legs" - after a short acceleration participant removes his feet from the pedals and puts them on a fork frame bicycles. An athlete who manages to drive through the inertia of the greatest distance wins the match. The competition takes place separately for the two options on the drive inertia. The party has the right to touch his foot tire wheel.
- "One foot" - Arrivals at the sprint distance (50 meters) at which participants pedal only one leg. The other leg rests on a fork.
- "Walk the wheel " is another kind of racing, in which the party makes a unicycle go forward, pushing the tire kicking.
- Sprint - in this discipline there held races for 100, 400, 800 and 1500 meters (individual competition) and the 4x100 meter relay (group credit).
- 10 km / 42 km Marathon - competitions are held on a closed highway during the competition. It is permitted to race a unicycle with a diameter of the wheel to 36 inches.
- Freestyle is artistic performances, in which participants are not limited in the ways of demonstrating their skill in the art of riding a unicycle. Competitions are held in individual, pair and group skating.